While I'm not totally into Valentine's Day (St. Patrick's Day is more my style), I do love an chance to get the girls together for sweets, champagne and gossip. Well, that's just how I spent my weekend not too long ago. Sarah, Jess, Maya, Megan and I all took a trip to a beautiful West Loop Breather space to throw ourselves a little Galentine's Day party. We came prepared with the essentials: chocolate and champagne!
We had so much fun setting everything up that we didn't want to eat the pretty desserts! Spoiler alert: we definitely did end up eating the desserts. Between the adorable cookies from a Chicago spot, Goddess & The Grocer to the classic Ghirardelli squares - we couldn't decide what to dig in to first! To get your own party together, keep reading to view a few simple ideas to get your girls together this weekend for a mini celebration. Let's hear it for the girls!
So what exactly do you need to get the group together? I'm talking 5 easy steps on how to grab the ladies and celebrate Galentine's Day in style:
- Start with the invite: While we are two days away from the actual holiday, send your gals a text to see who's available. If this weekend is a tough one, try for next! It's still fun to celebrate even if it's a little early or a little late. You can even do a cute online invite from Paperless Post.
- Grab the decor: If you're feeling crafty, try your hand at a fun DIY like this XO tablecloth or this pom pom runner. If you're like me an short on time, head over the Paris 312 to pick up the most festive party decor. I'm talking our cute gold plates, confetti napkins and heart balloons!
- Pick up the cocktails: We're on a time crunch right? So don't waste your time heading to the store. Instead, try a service like Drizly that will bring the drinks right to you! Definitely a great resource worth knowing about especially when your in a pinch :)
- Food. All of the food: We opted for a table of sweet treats from our local favorites, but you can really do anything here! If you're getting together in the evening, grab sushi from your local spot or do a little bit of a pot luck and everyone brings a style of chips/dip.
- Celebrate!: Pop the champagne and cheers to the best girls ever! It's finally time to just sit back, relax and enjoy playing catch up, watching Gilmore Girls or just hang out. Sounds like the perfect Galantine's Day to me!
Shop the brands: Breather | Paris 312 | Ghirardelli | FTD Floral |
Goddess & The Baker | Shari's Berries | Papyrus | Drizly
Photos: Myself and Maya!
What are your plans this Galentine's/Valentine's Day? For actually Galentine's Day (Feb 13th), I'm planning to invite a few ladies over to watch The Bachelor with a snacks and wine. Who's in?