I’m currently sitting in a La Colombe coffee shop (the new one in LP-it’s beautiful!), and this sweet toddler, probs under 2 years old, is crying her little heart out because she doesn’t want to leave! I mean it doesn’t sound very appealing, but I’m cracking up because it is a wildly cold out there. Girlfriend, I’m with you. Don’t make me go back out in the cold!
With all this freezing weather that has seemingly hit our city over night, I’ve been trying to take care of my skin before it starts getting desperately dry. I get the opportunity to try a lot of awesome brands, but to be honest, not a lot of their products “stick.” So, I’ve put together a few products that work great for me this time of year. I have combination skin, so I have to be careful that I don’t use products that are too oily or drying – especially on my face.
- Simple Skincare Wipes: I’ve been a big fan of Simple for quite some time. They have a variety of options so you can pick what is best for your skin type. I use their most basic cleansing version, but it helps take off makeup and is great for traveling which I know a lot of us do pre and post holiday season.
- Eucerin Moisturizer: I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but I get really dry skin (eczema) especially when the seasons change. Winter is tough because the air is so dry and that doesn’t help my skin. I’ve used the jar of Eucerin for ages. It’s amazing and super thick. I always use it after my shower and periodically through out the day on my hands to keep them from cracking. I've tried other options that say they specifically treat eczema, but I haven't found anything else that works as great.
- Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Eye Mask: You guys, this might be my most favorite beauty product of the moment. These little masks are induced with oxygen, vitamin C and helps de-puff your under eyes with cucumber extract. I love how they feel a little cold and instantly sooth your skin to leave it glowing. Seriously friends - go buy this stat!
- Mentha Lip Balm: I don’t know about you, but my lips are a mess this time of year (sorry, boys!). When they are chapped, adding lipstick doesn’t help, unless it’s moisturizing which is pretty rare. So far, the best chap stick that I’ve used is C.O. Bigelow's metha balm or gloss. Both are great and are inflused with peppermint which will make your lips tingle! You can actually use the gloss version as a little breath refresher. Kind of cool, kind of not? haha
- Clarasonic Mia 1 Skin Cleansing Brush: I did not know what I was missing out on until I tried the Clarasonic. I've mentioned it before in one of my Friday Five posts, but I really do enjoy adding this in to my skincare routine especially during winter. After every use, my skin always feels really clean and ready to go. Then, I layer up on moisturizers and creams prior to adding my makeup.
Bonus: Water: Seems like a given, but you would be surprised what a whole lot of H20 can do for the skin. However, I should not be one to speak! I'm the worst at drinking enough water everyday. I've tried water bottles at my desk, cute glasses, tally marks to check off my eight glasses a day and even a fun straw. Currently, I have a water bottle at my desk so that I don't have to keep going to and from the kitchen to grab more to drink. If you have any other suggestions of what has helped you, please do share! This tip is so important, and I know we could all definitely benefit from drinking more water in a variety of ways.