Ever wonder what in the world I'm carrying around in my big 'ol bag? Day-to-day, if you pass me on the street, you'll find I have my Vera Bradley satchel around my shoulders with a black tote on the side filled with my work essentials (aka laptop, notebook and an endless to-do list). So, today, I'm giving you a more in depth sneak peak at what is actually housed in my bag!
1. Vaseline Lip Therapy: I don't know about you, but I'm the kind of girl with 20 different lip balms on me at one time - one in my pocket, in my purse, outside purse pocket, coat, next to my bed....you get the idea. When I heard the iconic Vaseline Lip Therapy was making a grand entrance stateside, I had to share my newest secret weapon with you guys, too. Currently, they are available in 4 different options - Original, Cocoa Butter, Aloe and Rosy Lips. Because of this cold and dry weather we have currently been having in Chicago, my go-to is the Aloe. It adds a little cooling effect to help soothe my dry lips even more. However, I love the Rose Lips as a great base for lipstick or lipgloss, especially if your lip color isn't moisturizing. The best part - these are available at Target (you can purchase all for for $15!) and readily available for you to pick up on your next Target binge :)
2. Business Card Case: I received this adorable Kate Spade "Let's Do Lunch" business card case a few months ago from a lovely friend. Little did she know, at the time I just gifted this to one of my best friends and was dying that I didn't grab one for myself too! Weather you have a full time job, just graduated or are a blogger, my best advice is to always carry a couple business cards with you. You never know who you will meet in the check out line or at your local coffee shop.
3. Zip Around Wallet: I'm all about splurging on nice things, but this wallet from Target has been the best yet. For a whopping $15, this sucker has room for all my frequent coffee buying cards, credit/debit card, IDs, cash, change and so much more! If you're in the market to buy a new wallet, definitely add this one to your list. It even comes in 12 colors (mine is in Kelly Green).
4. JCrew Sunglasses: Stop what you are doing and go purchase these sunnies! They are currently on sale now for $15- whaaaaat?! (PS they are men's..but who cares?) It's always good to grab a cute pair of sunnies for your bag. Even in the dead of winter, that windy can be brutal and a pair of sunglasses to shade your eyes doesn't hurt.
5. Makeup Touch Up Kit: I also carry another little case in my bag (not pictured) that houses all of my makeup extras like lipstick, concealer, blush, powder and a mini hair brush. These are my go to items when I'm going from meeting to meeting in the back of a cab. Trust me- they don't help 100% with sleepy eyes, but they do help make me look a little bit more refreshed after a long afternoon.
6. SNACKS!: That is in all caps because food is great and you should always carry snacks in your purse. That is all I have to say about this essential...
What do you typically carry in your bag? Spill below!
This post was created in partnership with Vaseline Lip Therapy. As always, all opinions are my own.