First things first - HAPPY FALL!
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...You may have noticed from my Instagram, but I spent some quality vacation time in California last week. It was amazing and wonderful to be back with one of my best friends and get to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Nothing like a salty breeze and life chats on the beach to get me ready to finish out the rest of the year on a high note! (notice the new blog layout..thoughts? opinions? feedback?)
I'm sharing a few of my favorite snaps from the trip, include my outfit when I visited the infamous Paul Smith pink wall! This top is one of my new favorites, and I already can't wait to pair it with a cute sweater for fall. Bring it on autumn!
I didn't have a lot of activities planned for the trip. It was a treat in itself to get to spend time with my dear friend, so I wasn't looking to have a packed schedule. Follow along below for a little run down of what we were up to.
- Table Rock Beach: My first full day we headed to Table Rock Beach in Laguna. The perfect quiet spot to relax and take a dip!
- Carmelita's: After hitting the beach we were ready for some delicious margs and tacos. We visited Carmelita's for just that! A great happy hour spot right off Laguna Beach.
- Dana Point: A couple years ago my family was in California and had the change to stay at the Marriott in Dana Point. We took a mini trip back to view the sunset and check out the gorgeous hotel.
- Alcove Cafe & Bakery: We met up with a mutual friend from college in West Hollywood at Alcove Cafe & Bakery. You know the feeling of just having such a great time catching up and chatting that you forget what time it is? Well, three hours later- that was us. It was great to see old friends and eat more delicious goodies.
- Griffith Observatory: You might recognize this scenery from the b-roll on Keeping Up With the Kardashians and friends, let me tell you, it's as gorgeous as it looks. With views of the amazing Hollywood sign to all of LA and beyond.. I was totally impressed!
- Paul Smith a.k.a PINK WALL: This is it, the main event all you [bloggers] have been waiting for *drum roll*.. the pink wall! I'll let that explain its self in the images below :)
- Rodeo Drive: After a mini photo shoot at the pink wall, we headed to Rodeo Drive to do some window shopping and grab dinner at a near bar restaurant/bar. Nothing like having a quite Rodeo Drive all to yourself on a weekday evening.
Shop this Look:
- San Juan Capistrano: We took a little trip to San Juan in the morning to grab tasty latte at Hidden House Coffee and eat our packed lunches in a shady spot along the rail road. I loved seeing all the fun antiques and Spanish inspired decor like the address tiles. So cute!
- Huntington Beach: Next up was Huntington Beach. First stop was Duke's to get my dad a t-shirt to replace one from years ago and then it was on to the pier to grab a tasty chocolate shake (and let's be real, fries too!) at Ruby's. Gah.. so good. Take me back.
- Laguna Beach: We ended my last full day at a rooftop bar in Laguna. We grabbed our drinks and found the perfect spot to watch the sunset. After that, we headed to the beach for some life chats until it was officially dark enough to head back home :)
And that's a wrap! LOL to the girl in the above shot who was literally galavanting along the beach for an iPhone photo shoot. Glad I could capture this shot on my camera.. I think?!
Would love to hear your feedback on more photo centric and travel posts like this. I always love improving my photography skills and your help is greatly appreciated!