With a little help from my Pinterest friends, I put together five ways to celebrate Cinco de Mayo... don't fret - of course, margaritas are included! While all of us can't exactly celebrate into the wee hours(...as it's on a Tuesday and we might have to go to work bright and early on Wednesday) some of these little fiesta ideas can be done now or even saved for later on to throw a summer party! Don't forget to view the full tutorials in the links below! Enjoy your fiesta!
5 favorite ways to celebrate Cinco de Mayo:
- Sprinkle Margaritas: After all, what's a party with out sprinkles and margaritas?! (Obviously not a party...) The fun Kelly of Studio DIY put this margarita recipe up. I'm thinking work might have to serve this in celebration of the holiday.... right?
- Papel Picado Coasters: I loved this creative idea. Take the traditional papel picado decor and turn it in to cute little coasters to share with your guests through out your fiesta. It's even a fun way to display your guests name on each plate or tie together with a ribbon as a takeaway.
- Fiesta Cookies: Not feeling too exotic with creating a margarita bar or avocado piñata? How about taking your typically sugar cookies and decorating them fiesta style? You can go all out with detailed frosting or keep it simple and use bright solid colors to make them pop.
- Avocado Piñata: All good fiesta's include delicious guacamole. Try your hand at a DIY project this week and put together your own piñata like this one. Yet again, Kelly is a creative genius to the max!
- Margarita Bar: This idea might just be my favorite, right next to this churro bar idea. If I didn't have a full time job and blogging to keep up with, I would totally host a fun event to have a margarita bar. It's such great way to get conversation flowing and makes for an excuse to decorate like crazy!
How do you plan to celebrate?