If you live in Chicago like I do (or basically anywhere in the midwest), you probably experienced some intense April showers last week! We couldn't kick off spring with out hail, high winds, and tornado watches, right? Well, the good news is - next time one of those nasty storms rolls around, you'll have an excuse to wear your hair in this rainy day style all week long!
I teamed up with Maritza from Beauty for Bloggers, Emily from Isn't that Charming and Rachel from RD's Obsessions to bring you three amazing rainy day hair styles. You might have even noticed this sneak peek from my Instagram feed last week because this style was also featured on Camille Styles, a blog dedicated to infusing life's everyday moments with joy, beauty and fun. It was such a great feature and I love celebrating little steps like this that help make my blog grow thanks to you - my readers! Now, on to the tutorial...
Read on for the full tutorial!
- Form a small ponytail at the crown of the head by gathering just the sides of the hair and tying back with a small rubber band. Place another rubber band about three inches down this newly formed ponytail.
- Prep hair between the two rubber bands by creating a small gap with your fingers–you’ll be pulling hair through this gap using hair from underneath.
- Create a second ponytail underneath your first ponytail by lining up the placement of your rubber bands as demonstrated in the photo.
- Thread the second ponytail through the center of the first and pull through as discussed in step two.
- Create a third ponytail using the remaining hair underneath.
- Create a gap in this lastly formed ponytail.
- Pull through the ponytail that rests up top underneath this time, as demonstrated here.
- Start puffing out the hair by tugging at the sides of each ponytail section. Note the hair that’s gathered between each rubber band will automatically rise upwards when you pinch hair outwards–making your hair look puffy and fuller–giving the appearance of a faux braid.
If you try this style, make sure to share it with me on social @katieniemiec! I'd love to see :)